A sauce used in Italian cuisine, typically made by blending olive oil, basil, garlic, pine nuts, and grated parmesan cheese; it is served hot or cold over pasta.
Is Pesto healthy?
Pesto is relatively healthy. It contains fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
Other than the Parmesan cheese, all those ingredients are pretty healthy on their own.
What does Pesto tastes like?
Pesto tastes like garlic and either basil or parsley, but with a creamy texture. The creaminess comes from cheese, and a little bit of olive oil adds richness and an earthy flavor.
Pesto Pasta is a vegetarian dish but if u want to add chicken, then it will also give you a good mouth watering taste. This will become Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta.
If u are hungry and want to eat some healthy, creamy, and tasty dishes, you can make this Pesto Pasta recipe in just 30 minutes.
It is very simple and tasty recipe full of flavors.
Here we are going to make Vegetarian pesto pasta.👇🏻
Let’s start the recipe by just few ingredients.
Creamy Pesto Pasta
(Time to prepare sauce – 5 minutes
Time to boil pasta – 10 minutes
Time to toss veggies – 15 minutes)
Total time – 30 minutes
Servings – 4
For the Pesto Pasta recipe, first we will make Pesto sauce.
Ingredients for Pesto sauce :
- Fresh basil leaves
- 6-7 Garlic
- ½ cup Cashew nuts/walnut/pine nuts
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
Preparation for Pesto Pasta Sauce :
- Take a mixing jar and transfer basil leaves into the jar.
- Add 6-7 garlic, ½ cup cashews/walnut/pinenut, 2 tbsp olive oil.
Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Now add ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp Pepper, 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- Blend all the ingredients and make a paste.
- Add 2 tbsp more Olive Oil and mix it well with the help of a spoon.
- Blend it again to make a good Pesto Pasta Sauce.
- Transfer into a bowl. Pesto Sauce is ready.
[Note : Do not use water]
Ingredients for Pasta Salad :
- Salt to taste
- 2 Chopped Garlic
- Zucchini (optional)
- Cherry tomato (optional)
- Brocolli (optional)
(You can use any veggies you like to eat)
- Fresh basil for garnishing
Pesto Pasta Recipe
Preparation for Pesto Pasta/Pesto Pasta Salad :
Step 1 :
- Add 3 glasses of water to a pot and let it come to a boil.
- Now add 1 tsp salt and mix it well.
- Then add 2 cups of pasta and boil to 90%, (Do not overcook), stir continuously.
- This will take 8-10 minutes.
- Strain the Pasta and reserve the stock (strained water)
Step 2 :
- Take a Pan and heat on a low medium flame.
- Now add chopped garlic and capsicum (green/red/yellow), zucchini (optional), and toss the veggies.
- Add some cherry tomatoes and broccoli and toss for a minute.
- Add the ½ cup reserved stock ( strained water of pasta)
- Add some salt and mix well and cook. (Do not overcook)
- Time to add Pesto Pasta Sauce in Pesto Salad.
- Add 3-4 tbsp Pesto Sauce in Pasta and mix well.
- Now add boil Pasta and again mix well until fully coated.
- Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad is ready with Creamy Pesto Sauce.
- Pour the Pesto Pasta in a serving bowl and top some basil leaves for garnishing.
Pesto Pasta Salad is ready to serve and eat.
Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and penne in a basil pesto sauce. This is one of those recipes that’s great for a busy weeknight. You only need a handful of ingredients to make it. It’s ready in under 20 minutes. And, it’s so, so good!
Easy and delicious pasta with chicken. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a quick dinner. Use as much or as little pesto sauce as you like. Using homemade pesto will taste even better!
Here is the recipe of Easiest Creamy chicken pesto pasta Let’s start the recipe!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-1 inch each)
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- ⅓ cup oil
- Tomatoes (cut into strips)
- ½ cup pesto sauce
Preparation of Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta :
Step 1 :
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until drain.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute garlic, then stir in chicken.
- Season with red pepper flakes.
- Cook until chicken is golden.
Step 2 :
- In a large bowl, add pasta, chicken, tomatoes and pesto sauce.
- Toss all the ingredients well.
Serve hot. Creamy Pesto Pasta is ready
This Chicken Pesto Pasta is full of Nutrition.
It contains :
Calories – 328
Protein – 17.4g
Cholesterol – 22.1mg
Sodium – 153.5mg