It is not just a vegetable. It is full of many good qualities. Let’s know about some of the facts and qualities
- The potato is a root vegetable native to America.
- Wild potato species, originating in modern-day Peru, can be found throughout the Americas, from Canada to southern Chile.
- Potatoes are a good source of fiber, which can help you lose weight.
- Fiber can help prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check.
- Potatoes are also full of antioxidants that work to prevent diseases and vitamins that help your body function properly.
Many people used to make potato as vegetables or used to make snacks. But we can use potato in many ways to make a flavorful dish.
How do you make Potato salad?
Today, we are going to make Potato Salad. But before starting the Potato Salad Recipe, let’s know about the word ‘Potato Salad’.👇🏻
– Potato salad is widely originated in Germany(It is a German dish).
– It is spreading largely throughout Europe, European colonies, and Asia.
– American potato salad originated from recipes brought from German to U.S. and European immigrants during the nineteenth century.
How to make Potato Salad ?
This is very amazing Potato recipe and very interesting to make. We will make Potato Salad with Egg also, but first, we will make vegetarian Potato salad. Let’s start the Homemade potato salad recipe.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 potatoes
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ salt (or salt to taste)
- black pepper powder
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- Wash the potatoes.
- Cut them into ½ inch pieces.
- Now take a pot of water to boil.
- Add the potatoes, and cook until they are easily cut with a spoon.
- (The time will depend on the size of the potatoes)
- Add about an inch of water to the other pot.
- Place the potatoes in a steamer pot.
- Place the lid and set the Instant Pot for 3-4 minutes at high flame. (It will take about 10-12 minutes)
- After 3-4 minutes release the pressure and remove the potatoes from it.
- Place them in a bowl.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and slightly wash them with cold water.
- Now peel the potatoes. (optional)
- Chop them into cubes and place them in a bowl.
- Mix well and then add the onions.
- Add vinegar, salt, smoked salt to taste.
- Pour the potato salad into a serving plate/bowl. Serve hot.
Veg potato salad is ready to eat.
This is the Best potato salad recipe. Must try. You will like it!
There are two main difference between American and German Potato Salad : –American potato salad is tossed in a mayonnaise-based dressing and served cold. –German potato salad is tossed in a vinegar-based dressing and is traditionally served warm.
Here is the recipe for Traditional Potato salad👇🏻
Time: 30 minutes
- ½ kg Potatoes
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 finely chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- Pickle juice
- First, wash and boil the potatoes in a pot
- Bring the water to a boil. Then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. P
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-1 inch pieces.
- On the other side, boil the eggs.
- After that add egg yolks, mayonnaise, buttermilk, mustard, 1 tsp of pickle juice, salt, and pepper to boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Now add remaining egg whites and onions. Again mix well.
Our traditional potato salad is ready
Third method is totally a German dish. A potato salad with full of taste. Here we are making potato salad.
It will take about 30-45 minutes approx.
- 3 cups peeled potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small chopped onion
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
Let’s start the Best Potato Salad recipe.
- Place the potatoes into a pot. Fill with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep it aside to cool.
- Place the bacon in a deep skillet on a medium-high flame
- Fry until browned and crisp.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Add onion to the bacon and cook on medium heat until browned.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and pepper to the pan.
- Now Blbring to a boil then adds the potatoes and parsley.
- Heat for 10-15 seconds then transfers to a serving dish/bowl.
- Sprinkle the remaining bacon on the top.
- Serve warm.