First know about the cream of mushroom soup which is the most important in a soup.
Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms or mushroom broth are added.
It is well known in North America as a common type of condensed canned soup.
Cream of mushroom soup is often used as a base ingredient in casseroles and comfort foods.
If you are searching for an easy mushroom soup recipe then you Can try this one. It is very simple and easy recipe.
Here we are making Hungarian mushroom soup. But before starting the recipe, let’s know about Hungarian soup.
What is Hungarian mushroom soup?
👉🏻It is well known in North America as a common type of condensed canned soup.
👉🏻Dr. John T. Dorrance, a chemist with the Campbell Soup Company invented condensed soup in 1897.
👉🏻The Campbell Soup Company began producing “Cream of Mushroom Soup” in 1934.
(After it is name Hungarian Mushroom Soup)
What is mushroom soup good for?
This soup is good for individuals with heart issues.
Mushrooms are low in sodium and safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure.
This soup has only 76 calories and great for weight loss as mushrooms are low in calories and we have used low-fat milk.
Is mushroom good for weight loss?
Providing protein and fiber, mushrooms have also been found to be beneficial for weight loss.
Mushrooms have unusually high levels of the essential vitamin, vitamin D.
One of the key health benefits is that they can help to increase vitamin D levels.
Let’s start the recipe now.
Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 5
Ingredients you need :
- Chilled coconut milk
- little lemon juice instead of sour cream or heavy cream.
- Almond milk / dairy milk.
- Greek yogurt
- Tamari sauce or coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
- All purpose flour.
- Chopped onions
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
You can use refined avocado oil or olive oil instead of butter.
- Saute the onions in the pot for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pot and saute on high flame for 5 minutes.
- You can add white wine (optional).
- Now, stir with the wine, red chilly powder, tamari sauce and broth.
- Reduce the heat to low flame, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
Turn off the flame and pour in a servings bowl.
Homemade Hungarian Mushroom Soup is ready.
- Serve hot.
This is the best mushroom soup recipe. Must try.
Is mushroom soup and cream of mushroom soup is same?
The difference is the cream.
Mushroom soup has a thin clear broth.
Cream of mushroom soup has a thick creamy broth.
Tip : To create a vegetarian cream of mushroom soup substitute, then use vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth. Canned mushrooms can be used instead of fresh mushrooms.
What’s the difference between cream of mushroom and cream of chicken?
Cream of mushroom soup uses the same base as cream of chicken soup, but adds in some finely chopped onion and mushrooms right after the roux is made.
Make sure to use 2 tablespoons of flour because you’ll need the extra thickening with the added mushroom moisture.
Chicken mushroom soup
Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 6
- 1 pound chicken (boneless chicken) cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1½ cups of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cchicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tsp flour or corn starch (optional)
Step : 1
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Heat a large pot on a medium-high flame.
- Add oil, diced onions and garlic.
- Cook until translucent.
Step 2 :
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and mushrooms.
- Stir and cook until mushrooms become soft.
Step : 3
- Add flour/cornstarch into the cream (optional) or add milk.
- Now, add chicken broth and cream into the soup.
- Stir together with chicken and bring to a boil.
Step 4 :
- Simmer soup for 10-15 minutes.
- Soup is thick and the flavors are combined.
You can add little more salt to taste.
- Pour in a serving bowl and serve hot.