A hamburger is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun. The patty may be fried in pan, grilled, smoked or flame broiled.
When is Hamburger Casserole started? 🤔
First I would like to tell u about ‘casserole’.
What is a ‘casserole’?
- It is a dish in which food may be baked and served.
- Food cooked and served in a casserole.
- A deep round usually served in a dish with a handle used for heating substances.
- The hamburger first started in the early 20th century.
- The modern hamburger was a product of the culinary needs of a society rapidly changing due to industrialization.
- And the emergence of the working class and middle class with the demand for mass-produced, affordable food that could be consumed outside of the home (shops/restaurant).
Another type of hamburger is Ground beef casserole
- Commonly referred to as hamburger, ground beef is produced from grinding and blending together various cuts of beef including meat from the chuck, brisket, plate, sirloin, and/or flank
- If a specific cut of ground beef is desired, it is available and will be labeled as ground sirloin or similar depending on the meat selected to be ground.
- Ground beef can be purchased with different levels of fat content, depending on the cut or cuts of beef that were used.
Three more types of hamburger casseroles are :
- Hamburger potato casserole
- Ground beef casserole
- Ground beef casserole with potatoes
Here we are first going to make Hamburger potato casserole. This is the best and easy hamburger casserole.
Here is the recipe👇🏻
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
This is an American cuisine which is served in main course. And trust me it is very easy to make by using only just few ingredients.
- 5 small potatoes
- 500g(approx) of ground beef browned
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese we used a colby jack mix, but cheddar would be great too
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown your ground beef and keep aside till we start another step.
- Peel and slice potatoes and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, pour cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to taste. And mix well. Then keep aside.
- Greece baking dish with vegetable oil / oil spray.
- Now start layer in the pan, potatoes, beef, soup, and cheese one by one. (Then repeat)
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour
- Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes until potatoes are fully baked.
- Take out the dish with the help of cloth or gloves and keep aside for 10 minutes to set
- Then cut into pieces and serve.
Hamburger potato casserole recipe is the best meal you need when you hungry. And when you want to try a new taste then must try this hamburger casserole recipe.
You can describe this hamburger casserole as : Ground Beef Casserole/ Ground Beef Casserole with Potatoes.
A mixture of potatoes, ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and spices. This beef and potatoes combination will attract non vegetarian lovers and eaters.